The PRO’S CORNER
You will find on this page every informations for the professionals willing to join us during Festival UP! to attend [one of] the 30 shows programmed, and to take part to the conferences, meetings, speed datings, project presentations, aperos for pros, Warm Kisses & networking moments proposed from 25 > 28.03.
Register on time to benefit from the hotel nights offered during this Focus PRO by WBTD , the ‘Agence publique de soutien à l’exportation du secteur des Arts de la Scène’ [see below].
Focus Pros 25 > 28.03
This 4 days Focus is brought to you by Espace Catastrophe, thanks to the active collaboration of WBTD - Wallonie-Bruxelles Théâtre Danse & Visit.Brussels; with the support of WBI - Wallonie-Bruxelles International, the ‘Promotion de Bruxelles’ & the ‘Image de Bruxelles’.
Access to the program of the FOCUS PRO is granted to all professionals, from Belgium and abroad.
Register online via the Online Form.
General Assemblies & Network/Federations Meetings
[for members only]
- General Assembly of Territoires de Cirque [FR]
- Meeting INCAM - International Network of Circus Arts Magazines
- Meeting CAN – Circus Asia Network
Warm Kisses Circus / Bons Baisers Cirque
10 Companies will present their future creations [2021 & 2022]
CINEMA PALACE, Boulevard Anspach, 85 - 1000 Bruxelles
Conferences, Round Tables & Meetings
KINOGRAPHE / SeeU - old ‘casernes’ in Ixelles - Avenue de la Couronne 227 - 1050 Ixelles
Presentation : « Les aides internationales en faveur de la création/diffusion »
With the participation of Max Godefroid [Creative Europe Desk – Fédération Wallonie-Bruxelles], Danijela Jovic [Project Officer, European Commission], Justine Claisse [Service Culture WBI], Alexis Rouvre [artiste] bénéficiaire de "I-Portunus", etc.
14 > 18h
Parc Victoria / Koekelberg
- Cruda | Collectif A Sens Unique [BE/FR] – Avant-Premiere
- Carte blanche | 福爾摩沙馬戲團 FOCA [Taïwan] – Creation
- Yin zéro | Cie Monad [FR] – Belgian Premiere
- Du simple au double | Cie Embrouillamini [FR] – Belgian Premiere
- Brace for impact | Knot on Hands [NL]
- Danse dans les arbres | Mami Kitagawa [BE]
- La Circo Mobile | Columbia Circus [FR] – Belgian Premiere
Support for overnight stays
During Festival UP!, WBTD, the ‘Agence publique de soutien à l’exportation du secteur des Arts de la Scène’, has the pleasure to offer 2 hotel nights to 40 international programmers.
- Offer reserved to international programmers (outside Belgium) : cultural institutions representatives, Pôles, Theaters, Cultural Centers, Scènes Nationales, Festivals etc.
- Support granted to one person per structure (in single rooms), or eventualy 2 (in shared double rooms).
- This support is limited to 2 hotel nights. You are welcome to stay longer, but the other nights are at your own charge.
- These offered hotel nights are to be taken during the time of the Focus Pro, between 25 & 28.03.2020.
- Offer granted to the 40 first valid demands only.
Limited Offer | First come - first served
Pros Tickets for Shows
In light of the steadily growing professional presence at the festival [170 programmers in 2016, 320 programmers in 2018], we are no longer able to offer professionals free access to shows.
We now invite programmers to contribute to the development costs of our festival, while enjoying a 40% discount, no matter how many shows they attend [discount valid starting from the first show].
This discount is reserved for representatives of cultural institutions, theatres, cultural centres, performing arts venues, festivals, etc., able to provide proof of regular programming work. This discount is valid only for the institution’s programming managers [one form per person].
Other cultural workers [working in a position other than programming] and their guests are invited to reserve their tickets at public prices [full or discount prices depending on categories].
Access to ‘programmer Discounts’ in Three Steps:
1/ Fill out the form below [one form per programmer]
2/ Within a day, you will receive a discount code by e-mail [after our team validates your form]
3/ Using your discount code, you may now directly buy your tickets under the special programmer terms on our online ticketing website [Eventbrite]
Formulaire d'inscription en tant que programmateur
Brussels is a very welcoming city, with a large selection of hotels and many other accommodations, such as youth hostels.
In your choice of lodging, do not stray too far from the municipalities hosting the shows on the Festival UP! bill: Brussels, Schaerbeek, Ixelles, Saint-Gilles. These municipalities have good public transport (metro/tram/bus).